What is breast cancer? It is a cancer that forms in the cells of the breasts.
More than 200,000 US cases per year
- Treatable by a medical professional
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Lab tests or imaging always required
- Breast cancer can occur in women and rarely in men.
- Symptoms of breast cancer include a lump in the breast, bloody discharge from the nipple, and changes in the shape or texture of the nipple or breast.
- Treatment depends on the stage of cancer. It may consist of chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery.